3D Coordinator/Modeler in the Pittsburgh Office. Daily tasks may include managing 3D projects, creating action item plans, modeling specific
trades, and talking with clients and subcontractors.
Essential Functions – 3D Coordinator:
- Coordinate and manage the project model by working with design teams, vendors, subcontractors and clients on the project.
- Run Weekly Project 3D Coordination Meetings.
- Track day-to-day and week-to-week “hot-button” items and include in the Navisworks model.
- Assist in development of project documentation such as the project 3D Execution Plan and Schedule.
- Develop Scope of Work and approve final product of 3D Laser Scanning sub-contractor.
- Perform periodic interference detection and create clash reports to facilitate resolutions and hold design teams,
vendors and subcontractors accountable for model updates.
- Visually verify scope clashes between assigned trades and those of others.
- Use Navisworks to find issues, record issues, and verify clash resolution.
- Ensure all models are compatible and 3D data is available to all project participants.
- Demonstrate solid writing skills.
- Possess solid verbal communication skills for owner presentations necessary to clearly articulate our expertise in the
execution of selected workflows.
Essential Functions – 3D Modeler:
- Model various MEP systems and/or structural components.
- Create project-specific families/libraries as needed.
- Create layout drawings of all MEP systems and/or structural components.
- Mid-level 3D Modeler with 5+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of Navisworks Manage with 3+ years of experience.
- Working knowledge of the 3D processes with 2+ years of related experience.
- Experience in AutoCAD 3D software.
- Ability to work autonomously with little oversight.
- Core understanding of building systems, construction methods, installation procedures and sequencing in a Heavy
Industrial Engineering environment.
- Builds effective relationships with others that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the
Other Plus Qualifications:
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Plant 3D
- Knowledge of AutoCAD MEP
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Advanced Steel
- Knowledge of Revit
- Knowledge of AutoDesk Inventor
- Structural, HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing Design knowledge
- A “can-do” attitude
- Does whatever it takes to get the job done (and done right!).
- Never misses a deadline.
- Well spoken.